Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
Hi, my name is Christos Pittis, and I am a Microsoft Dynamics NAV consultant. Let me tell you few things about the latest version that has just launched.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 offers significant new capabilities in mobility, business insight, and cloud services.
It also offers a deeper interoperability with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Office 365.
Open the internet explorer and search for Microsoft Partnersource (Microsoft Internet Explorer not Google Chrome). https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/uk/deployment/downloads
Make sure you have your Active X enabled.
If you would like to change the way Internet Explorer handles ActiveX controls, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, click the Custom level button.
- Scroll down the Security Settings list until you see ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
As you can see in the YouTube video below, I am logged in with my personal email account. Microsoft Dynamics requires the use of Windows Live ID to access Microsoft Partnersource. Use your login credentials to access the site. You can create a new login id by registering on 365 talent portal http://www.365talentportal.com/
Read this blog post https://community.dynamics.com/gp/b/developingforgp/archive/2008/12/18/how-can-i-get-access-to-partnersource-38-customersource
Click on the deployment button and then downloads. Product releases and Download Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016.
Scroll down to find your localised version. Mine is the UK version. Click download.
Select your account. If you do not have an account, you can register to 365 talent portal, and they will provide you one http://www.365talentportal.com/
Open the explorer and type http://www.365talentportal.com/, click register and then scroll down to pick your status. There are three (3) options:
- I’m a consultant
- I’m an implementation partner
- I’m an end-user firm
Let assume you are a consultant. Fill in all the fields and then submit. Do not forget to contact them to ask for your Microsoft Partnersource ID.
Click continue to start downloading the latest version. The Microsoft Dynamics file exchange system will pop up. You can change the default destination folder if you like. Extract the file and you are ready to initiate the installation process.
Some of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 new features include:
- New native apps for all devices in including phones, tablets, and mouse and keyboard – using Windows, iOS or Android.
- Native integration to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
- Improved scalability, security, and availability via better cloud performance.
- Better document management, workflow, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities for process automation and paperless document management.
- Expanded extensibility and connectivity capabilities for tighter integration of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 and the cloud.
- Improved integration to O365
- Enhanced accounting functionality
- Workflow enhancements to improve customized automation around billing, HR and Payroll, financials and other critical functions.
You can learn more about using the current version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV on the MSDN page https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh173988(v=nav.90).aspx
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Lead Consultant
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Do not forget to share your ideas with me. You can also like, comment and share the YouTube video.