The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for jobs mentioning various Soft Skills in the technology marketplace. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Soft skills in the USA
- Product Development and IT Management skills continue to be in high demand
- After falling since February, demand for Requirements Analysis and Business Analysis have risen back slightly in April.
- Jobs mentioning Team Leadership continue to offer higher than average salaries with reasonable demand.
- Salaries for Workshop Facilitation remain steady after their fall earlier in the year.
Soft skills in Great Britain
- Demand for Product Development skills have fallen slightly after last month's boost.
- IT Management skills continue to be in high demand.
- Jobs asking for Business Analysis skills rose sharply last month with salaries remaining steady around the £62,000 mark.
- Business Process Modelling and Workshop Facilitation skills continue to pay higher than average salary, although mentions of these skills are still very low, suggesting they may be contract positions.
Soft skills in Australia
- Business Analysis demand has continued to rise to now be part of the same group as IT Management and Product Development. Jobs asking for Business Analysis skills pay more than the other two in this group.
- Mentions of Requirements Analysis continue to increase.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.