The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for jobs mentioning various Programming Languages. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Programming language popularity in the USA
- Salaries for the more in demand languages remain steady after their fall in March.
- Demand for Java roles have jump back since their fall last month. This places them slightly ahead of C# although with a very similar salary.
- Mentions of F# remain steady since their rise in March.
- Demand for Python has dropped slightly through April.
Programming language popularity in Great Britain
- The landscape for Great Britain contains to remain quite stable.
- Salaries for jobs mentioning Java continue to remain stable after falling earlier in the year.
- As seen in the USA, demand for Python fell during April in Great Britain.
Programming language popularity in Australia
- C# salaries continue to remain ~$10,000AUD below those offered for Java jobs.
- Bucking the trend in other regions, demand for Python skills have risen in Australia, and make up 2.5% of all tech jobs in this marketplace.
- Both Ruby and Perl have fell in demand through April.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.