The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for various Mobile Technology skills. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Mobile technology in the USA
- Overall demand and salaries for mobile technology skills continue to remain steady in 2014.
- Mentions of the phrase Mobile Development rose sharply in April to put in the second most in demand place within this category.
- iOS and Android Development jobs have fallen slightly in demand with Android development skills sitting slightly higher, and still offer the same average salary.
Mobile technology in Great Britain
- Salary and demand for mobile technology skills remains steady in the UK and Great Britain.
- iOS and Android development skills continue to show a very similar salary and demand with overall demand falling through April 2014.
- Jobs mentioning Appium have jumped up in salary since March, although demand is low so not an indication of a long term trend.
Mobile technology skills in Australia
- Salaries for specific device programming such as iOS and Android Development have fallen slightly since their rise in March.
- Android Development skills have risen slightly in demand throughout April in contrast with the fall in other regions.
- Most other skills in this field remain steady with little movement.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.