The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for jobs mentioning various Programming Languages. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Programming language popularity in the USA
- Salaries for the more in demand languages continued to fall in March.
- Demand for C# has risen against the trend, and continue to remain more popular than Java. Salaries between these two skills appear to be drawing closer.
- Mentions of F# have also outpaces Java this month although salaries have fallen slightly to ~$88,000USD.
Programming language popularity in Great Britain
- The landscape for Great Britain in March varies very little from what we saw last month.
- Salaries for jobs mentioning Java have stabilised after last month's £10k fall.
Programming language popularity in Australia
- In March we saw the addition of Scala to the Australian job market.
- C# salaries continued to fall slightly to now sit ~$10,000AUD below those offered for Java jobs.
- The salary for jobs mentioning Objective-C have fallen back down since its peak in February.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.