The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for jobs mentioning various Soft Skills in the technology marketplace. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Soft skills in the USA
- Product Development and IT Management skills continue to be in high demand
- Jobs mentioning Team Leadership continue to offer higher than average salaries with reasonable demand.
- Requirements Analysis and Business Analysis skills have fallen slightly in demand from February 2014.
- Salaries for Workshop Facilitation have fallen back in line this month, most likely due to higher paying contract positions being filled.
Soft skills in Great Britain
- Demand for Product Development skills have increased slightly compared with other related skills although salary remains steady.
- IT Management skills continue to be in high demand.
- Business Process Modelling and Workshop Facilitation skills continue to pay higher than average salary, although mentions of these skills are still very low.
Soft skills in Australia
- Business Analysis skills have risen markedly in demand this month. It is approaching IT Management and Product Development although continues to pay slightly higher salaries.
- Mentions of Requirements Analysis have also increased over the last month.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.