The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for various Infrastructure Technology. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Infrastructure technology in the USA
- We observer very little change from January and February 2014, although have noticed a slight restriction of salaries in this area.
- Management of Database Servers and SAN are still in high demand iin the United States.
- IIS skills are still in higher demand than Apache, and continue to pay approx. $10,000USD less on average.
Infrastructure technology in Great Britain
- Server Consolidation salaries continue to remain steady after February's fall.
- Management of Database Servers systems continue to be in strong demand.
- Demand and slary for IIS and Apache continue to be very similar.
Infrastructure skills in Australia
- Jobs mentioning various infrastructure skills in Australia continue to pay very well, although average salaries have fallen slightly throughout March 2014.
- System Administration is the most in demand skill, with salaries rising slightly in the last month.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.