The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for various Mobile Technology skills. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Mobile technology in the USA
- Overall demand and salaries for mobile technology skills have remained steady from January.
- This month, we see the addition of a few jobs for Appium.
- Jobs mentioning PhoneGap continue to pay very well, although are not highly popular.
- iOS or Android jobs are offering the same average with Android development skills in slightly higher demand.
- Windows Mobile mentions continue to be low.
Mobile technology in Great Britain
- Salary and demand for mobile technology skills remains steady in the UK and Great Britain.
- iOS and Android development skills continue to show a very similar salary and demand.
- Jobs mentioning Xamarin, PhoneGap, or Appium continue to offer higher salaries, although demand is low.
Mobile technology skills in Australia
- Australian jobs continue to favour more generic terms like Mobile Design, Mobile Development, and Mobile Applications.
- A number of new jobs mentioning iOS and Android Development have pushed the demand and salary for those skills up quite high this month.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.