The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for jobs mentioning various Programming Languages. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Programming language popularity in the USA
- There are more jobs mentioning C# than there are Java although Java salaries are slightly higher.
- Of the niche languages, jobs mentioning Scala or Erlang tend to offer higher salaries.
Programming language popularity in Great Britain
- Of the in demand languages, Java roles pay the highest salaries.
- Jobs mentioning Python are offering similar salaries to those mentioning C#.
Programming language popularity in Australia
- The Australian job market this month has less variety of languages than seen in other regions.
- C# roles are offering slightly higher salaries, although there are more Java jobs currently available.
- Jobs mentioning R are offering quite high salaries at the moment.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.