The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for various Mobile Technology skills. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Mobile technology in the USA
- Jobs asking for iOS or Android pay on average the same salary.
- Android development skills are in slightly higher demand than iOS.
- Only 1.3% of technically focused jobs mention Windows Mobile.
Mobile technology in Great Britain
- iOS and Android development skills show a very similar salary and demand.
- Jobs mentioning Xamarin or PhoneGap offer higher salaries, although demand is low.
Mobile technology skills in Australia
- Australian jobs tend to favour more generic terms like Mobile Design, Mobile Development, and Mobile Applications.
- Jobs mentioning Android Development are paid significantly more than their iOS counterparts.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.