The following charts show the salary and demand statistics for various Infrastructure Technology. The data is taken from the Gooroo.io analysis of job advertisements in the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.
Infrastructure technology in the USA
- Management of Database Servers and SAN systems are the most in demand infrastructure skills asked for in the United States.
- IIS skills are more in demand than Apache, although pay approx. $10,000USD less on average.
- Average salaries for infrastructure related technologies are around the ~$95,000USD mark.
Infrastructure technology in Great Britain
- Management of Database Servers systems are the most in demand infrastructure skills asked for in Great Britain.
- Demand and slary for IIS and Apache are much the same.
- Contract positions for Server Consolidation have pushed the salary for these jobs up significantly, although demand is very low.
Infrastructure skills in Australia
- Jobs mentioning various infrastructure skills in Australia pay very well, usually above $100,000AUD.
- System Administration is the most in demand skill, although is at the lower salary range, asking $95,000AUD on average.
- Jobs mentioning Server Architecture, Hyper-V, and IIS pay very well. This may be due to a number of contract positions advertised in January.
About this analysis
When reading these charts, the lower the demand for a skill, the less reliable the salary indicators become. It only takes a handful of jobs to shift the average.
Job data is extremely useful as it's plentiful and provides a lot of fascinating and interesting aspects to work with. It also has its challenges. You should read our full disclosure about the analysis for an insight into these challenges.